Monday 28 November 2016

Welcome to my blog, I'm a long term GURPS player and GM, recently Ive come into contact with the GURPS blogosphere and I've had great fun going into the nitty gritty of making different stats and tweaking. Ive gotten some really nice progress done on the setting I've been GMing.
Now with the recent help I've gotten and progress I've made I feel like I've reached a point where I want to actually post about it.
I'll be posting about my setting, the story, the people etc.

One of the things I'll be writing about is my GMing, how I make my decisions as a GM. This will be about game designs and how it works with my players. It will also have a little detail about the players too as these are the people who I work with. This will be a bit personal but it has a lot to do with my GMing.



Another point I have is the meta and design decisions for my setting. But will with time be merged with the articles and templates themselves.

Lastly we get to the fun, templates gear and all the game stat things and story elements. This will hopefully be the essence.

The style of my group is that we play Saturday- All Saturday, each week but on two different games switching on a monthly basis. One month we run my sci-fi game then switch to a fantasy game and then switch back again alternating monthly. During my months of GMing Ill also be posting after action reports on just how bad everything went, this will be in addition to my posts on different things and issues at the table.
During the other campaign's month I'll mostly be working on the story and challenges. Again I hope to get some actual GURPS stuff in here rather than just ramblings.

The goal of this blog will also be for my players to be able to find info and look at things from the campaign, so there wont be any spoilers.

About my game world and world building. I got the idea for this early in college and it was mostly put on hold as I GM'ed a diesel punk setting and learning GURPS the hard and fun way. Only at the end of that campaign did I get back on track and working on this setting at the same time as I was running a game in it. This results in some very chaotic and inconsistent things which wont be included in the summary but I'll instead iron it out and alter in it for the sake of making things work.
What will be ignored is weird interparty out of character arguing and troubles that results from players being players and other things irrelevant to story, GMing and GURPS.

I hope to have fun running this blog and that it will at least provide an entertaining story.

About me the GM:
I've been a fan of sci-fi ever since I first saw Star Wars and have been reading sci-fi books and comics for most of my youth even drawing it myself.
With time I got introduced to roleplaying and despite my small community has found a group to play with and some very good friends whom I enjoy the company off. Getting to play I quickly got curious as to how it was on the other side of the GM screen and now find myself a regular GM, for me a lot of the challenge is keeping the players interesting and a session with psyched players curious as to what will happen next is to me a greater reward than any points or XP. Along with that I find story telling, world building and design to be very interesting.
With my academic background I prefer a very analytical approach and find as much enjoyment in understanding and analyzing my players motivation and interests.
My fault is probably too much research and not spending enough time on getting it to work and to some extent I feel that I'm going too easy on the players.
As a player I'm much into the technical detail and I like the specifics and the details on how different things are done.

In the coming days I'll be breaking down my setting and posting different things, including race templates, occupation templates and the psionic powers for my setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment